During the holidays, your children will get toys that blink, light up, sing and shine. However, the batteries powering those fun toys can be extremely dangerous to them. In honor of Safe Toys and Gifts Month, Batteries Plus would like to encourage parents to take measures to keep button cell batteries out of their reach.
Button cells are small, disk-shaped batteries (most-commonly used for calculators, watches, toys and hearing aids) that can easily be swallowed. According to Medline Plus, the number of children treated in emergency rooms for button cell related injuries has almost doubled over the past 20 years.
These miniature power sources contain chemicals that strongly react to make electricity. If swallowed, they can cause choking, burns, abdominal pain and bleeding. Take the following precautions to prevent serious injury:
Batteries Plus has over 30,000 batteries and trained associates there to answer questions, so stop in to your local store for additional information. The Battery Controlled – a partnership to raise awareness about the severity of this issue and share information with parents, caregivers and the medical community – is also a great resource.
And remember, we’re social, so follow us!
Save money and your favorite device
We repair broken Apple® devices, including iPads®, iPhones® and iPods®, most Samsung® devices and many more. Plus, we have screen protectors for cell phones and tablets.
In-store services include (among others):
• Cracked Screen Replacement
• Button Replacement
• Camera Repair
• Charge-port Repair
• Headphone-jack Repair
• Speaker Repair
• Battery Installation
• Screen Protector Installation