Well, they don’t necessarily make boats float, but they do make them go. Without a high-performing marine battery effectively powering your boat this spring and summer, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment out on the open water. Here are some tips to keep that from happening:
1. Get your current battery tested– if you’ve had your boat in storage for the winter, then you will want to see how much cranking power it is still producing
2. Consider a battery box – secure your battery in the boat – an unsecured battery in a moving boat can cause damage to the battery and potential damage to the boat. Utilize a battery box to minimize vibration impact on the battery and prevent battery electrolyte from reaching other points in your boat. Plus, they are often required by law
3. Keep connection points clean and electrolyte levels up – scrub terminals to get rid of corrosion or other interfering materials for optimal results, and be sure to frequently check electrolyte levels in flooded battery types before operating or charging
4. Look into water-proof chargers – Both Noco and Deltran Battery Tender have options that will allow you take them out on your boat with you, giving you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you will never be stranded in the middle of the water due to a dead battery
Next, it’s important to determine how much and what type of power you will need to power your boat and its accessories
Motors of 100 horsepower or less
Motors greater than 100 horsepower
Radio, sonar, fish locator, running lights, etc.
Trolling motor, refrigerator, portable tvs, inverters, multiple low drain devices, etc.
Which type of battery will be able to adequately handle your specific power needs?
|Starting Needs||Deep Cycle Needs||Starting Battery||Deep Cycle Battery||Dual Purpose Battery||Dual Purpose AGM Battery|
You should also consider the advantages of going with an AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) replacement option, regardless of your power needs. These features will insure that you will get the highest performance and longest life out of your marine SLI battery:
Save money and your favorite device
We repair broken Apple® devices, including iPads®, iPhones® and iPods®, most Samsung® devices and many more. Plus, we have screen protectors for cell phones and tablets.
In-store services include (among others):
• Cracked Screen Replacement
• Button Replacement
• Camera Repair
• Charge-port Repair
• Headphone-jack Repair
• Speaker Repair
• Battery Installation
• Screen Protector Installation
In honor of the great Stephen Hawking and his groundbreaking...
The holidays are upon us and that means a lot of food,...
Road trips are the quintessential American vacation....
When Dr. Egon Spengler infamously cautioned his fellow...
Photography’s history is rooted in the constant endeavor...
Batteries Plus Bulbs is owned by Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm. Roark invests primarily in consumer and business services companies, with a focus on the franchise, food and restaurant, specialty retail, environmental services, waste management, and business services sectors.
With the opening of the first all-battery retail store in 1988 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Batteries Plus, as the brand was then known, quickly became the uncontested leader in the battery market, differentiated by superior product knowledge, product availability, helpful service and advice.